What to Know Before You GO!You want your vacation to be as carefree as possible, and we are here to ensure that happens.
But there are a few things we need you to know before you go:
- You are responsible for your travel finances. Call credit cards and inform them that you will be traveling abroad so they do not lock your account and mark it as fraudulent.
- Write down all credit card numbers, bank numbers, and important telephone numbers that you may need access to if anything gets lost or stolen. Do not keep this list in your wallet or phone.
- If you will be using foreign currency, exchange it before you leave for the best rates and to ensure you have some cash on you when you reach your destination.
- Make a photocopy of your passports information page and keep it in a safe place.
- Make sure your passport and visa are up to date. VERY IMPORTANT
- Get any required or recommended vaccinations for the countries you are traveling to
- Fill all prescription medications that you take, and take more than you need.
- Pack your prescription glasses, and an extra pair.
- Register your trip and itinerary with the US Department of State. In case of an emergency, your family or the government will know your whereabouts.
- Review the cdc.gov website for the most up to date information
- Pack appropriately and leave all valuables home.
- If you are renting a car, find out whether you need an international driver’s license.
- Purchase Travel Insurance
Be well knowledged about the country you are visiting. Is there appropriate attire that must be worn? Are shoes to be removed when entering establishments? Is tipping customary? And if so, how much? Learn simple phrases like “thank you”, “good day” and “good night” in the native language of the country you will be visiting.