From bustling cityscapes to the blissful countryside to the lush tropical rainforest, this trip showcases the diverse beauty of Malaysia. Across eight days, you’ll learn the local way of life as you journey from the Cameron Highlands to Ulu Muda Forest and on to a local homestay in Penang. You’ll play traditional games with the locals, tuck into a home-cooked dinner and mingle amongst the street stalls. From trekking through the jungle to spotting elephants from a cruise through the wilderness to learning about local fishing traditions – this trip offers culture, nature and wildlife delights.
- Cameron Highlands – Mossy Forest Hike
- Cameron Highlands – Tea plantation visit
- Ulu Muda – River Cruise
- Ulu Muda – Bukit Labu hike & cave visit
- Ulu Muda – Hot Spring Saltlick
- Teluk Bahang – traditional games
- Teluk Bahang – Home cooking demonstration & dinner
- Teluk Bahang – Fishing village walking tour
- Teluk Bahang – Silat (martial art) Performance
- Teluk Bahang – Local market visit
- Teluk Bahang – Batik factory visit
- George Town – Heritage walking tour
- You’ll explore the rolling green Carmeron highlands, blanketed by tea plantations and strawberry fields, and then trek through the mystical Mossy Forest to learn more about the unique plants living beneath the sea of moss
- Stay in a special eco lodge on the edge of the jungle that’s fighting for the preservation of Ulu Muda Forest with research and awareness, low footprint practices and ecotourism principles.
- Take not one but two river cruises deep in the Ulu Muda Forest to double your chances of spotting roaming wildlife like elephants as your guide tells you about the native plants and wildlife that call this lush rainforest haven home.
- Really slip into the local way of life, staying with a family on a homestay that gives real insight into village culture – play traditional games, learn fishing techniques and tuck into a home-cooked dinner.
- Wander the historic mural-lined streets of Georgetown, the vibrant cultural hub of Penang, and marvel at contemporary art galleries and boutiques, traditional temples and churches.
Ulu Muda Forest
Ulu Muda Forest