From the heights of the Andes to the depths of the Amazon Jungle, this 8-day trip will take you further. You’ll walk through the Amazon Jungle with an indigenous guide leading the way, hike in Cotopaxi National Park – home to one of the world’s largest active volcanos – and canoe to your river-side eco-lodge accommodation on the edge of the rainforest (to name just a few of the epic nature-loving adventures). But it’s not all just about the landscapes here, you’ll also get a glimpse into everyday life during a homestay with a local family where you’ll connect with them, lending a hand with chores, doing seasonal activities and perhaps, brushing up on your Espanol. There’s so much to see, do and learn in this South American paradise.
- Amazon – Guided rainforest hike and visit to animal rescue centre
- Walking tour of Banos
- Quito – Cotopaxi National Park walk
- Quito – Local community experience
- Otavalo – Market Visit
- Stay on the edge of the Amazon Rainforest in eco lodge-style accommodation on the banks of the Arajuno River and enjoy a special evening walk through the jungle under the night sky.
- Walk in the rainforest with an indigenous guide by your side to lead the way, point out local birds and teach you about the incredible plant life that thrives here. Then, visit an Amazon animal rescue centre.
- Opt to hike to Pailon del Diablo, an 80-meter-high waterfall so fierce that you’ll need to carry a poncho to keep dry from its wrath.
- Marvel at the snow-capped Cotopaxi volcano – one of the largest active volcanos in the world – while hiking through Cotopaxi National Park.
- Live like a local as you’re welcomed into a family home in a sustainable community high in the hills of Ecuador, getting your hands dirty and helping with everyday tasks like reforestation projects, organic gardening or jam making, to name a few.
Tena - Amazon
Cotopaxi National Park- Yunguilla Community Stay
Yunguilla Community Stay